Saturday, November 1, 2008

Is Where Palintera Gets Busted

Pali, is there something you'd like to tell me?

Ummm... what do you mean, 'licious?

Well, you're taller than you were a few weeks ago, by about an inch. And you're definitely filling out that vest more.

Yeah, I wish. Hey, why don't we go over to Thousand Needles and-

Don't change the subject! I know you've been cheating on me!

No! Sweetie, I would never do that.

Liar! Squirrelz told me he saw you getting it on with- with ... quest givers!

But, it wasn't like that! I just, they, I mean, it was, only, you see, I mean, well, horseshoes!

Horseshoes?

Yeah! Uh huh, horseshoes!

Explain.

Well, you see, I was just poking around a bit, exploring some, and I came hear to Lakeshire, and these poor people are trying to rebuild their town after Mister Shag's dad and all those other orcs burned it down and ate half the people. And even though they've been working really hard for all these years and they just don't seem to be making any progress at all. And I just felt really sorry for them. And so when this one guy asked me to run over to Westfall to get some horseshoes, it seemed like the least I could do. And then, you see, the foreman, he needed his tools retrieved from the bottom of the lake, well, that was real easy for me to do. And there was the little girl who lost her necklace, and the florist whose garden was being wrecked by a big boar, and-

So, this was all just about helping the scrubs of Lakeshire.

Yeah! Uh huh! Pretty much. Well, kinda. Except for, you see, Hallow's End started, and the innkeepers? They all put out buckets of candy for when you go trick or treating, and well, the candy kinda gives out XP too...

Candy, huh? Two-timing me for candy.

Feralicious, I'm so sorry, I never meant for you to find out, I mean, I never meant to cheat on you, it's just, you weren't around and the candy was just there and I know I know I shouldn't have it was bad of me and I was weak and I'm so sorry sorry I'm sorry

Sorry, you say.
Well.
Hrrrm....
So, you got any Fel Taffy in that stash of candy?

Huh? Taffy? Um, yeah, sure, lots.

Well, give me some then. I'll pay you back later.

Well, okay, I mean, sure! Here! Take some. Take all of it!

Mmmmm this is good. So, shall we go check out Thousand Needles?

Yeah! Super! That'd be great! Um, is the taffy your favorite? 'Cause I go other stuff - G.N.E.R.D.S. and-

Naw, my favorite Hallow's End candy is Palintera. But I already got me some, and I'm saving that for later.

1 comment: